Third Drawer Down get that privacy is a big thing these days and we are committed to respecting it and complying with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that the personal information you share with us is kept securely and processed fairly and lawfully. We use SLL encryption on all data to and from our website which you can check by clicking the padlock icon that appears in the URL line of your browser. This is all to prevent unauthorised access and ultimately safeguard your personal information.
SO YOU’VE MADE A PURCHASE? WHAT INFORMATION DID WE TAKE?
When you shop with us we collect the following information in order to fulfil your order and contact you should a query arise.
- your name,
- your address,
- your email address, and
- your phone number.
We need this information to assist us and you with tracking should there be any issues with the delivery of your order.
Should you choose to subscribe to our newsletter we collect the following information in order to send you the products and features we believe may be most relevant.
- your email address
- Your birthday (pending)
- Your country (pending)
THE INFORMATION WE NEVER COLLECT
We never collect credit/debit card information as we use a third party payment processor to handle this information securely. None of your credit/debit card information is stored anywhere on our website, that’s a promise.
THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DOES SERVE A PURPOSE
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with any outside third parties except to the extent necessary to fulfil that order.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order, or purchasing a gift card, only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside third parties except to the extent necessary to fulfil that order.
You can sign up to receive updates on our latest products and features via email on our website. You can always unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
WILL MY INFORMATION BE SHARED?
Nope! We are classified as an independent retailer and do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address, or credit card information.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR SAVED INFORMATION
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can update your details at any time through your account on our website here.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy, please contact us at email@example.com. For security, and to protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- Website functionality cookies which allow you to navigate the website and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Wishlist”.
- Website analytics cookies which allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies which will remember your preferences (such as your location and local currency) when browsing or shopping on our website, so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies which are used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an advert and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future. You can delete any cookies already on your computer within your device’s browser. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our website that are designed to give you the best user experience.
We are happy to chat - it’s all pretty confusing at times so let’s talk it through!
We may change this policy from time to time to ensure it is up to date with current data protection laws - especially in line with European data laws. If there are significant changes to the way we process your data, we’ll notify you via our website, and if you’re subscribed to our mailing list, via email too.
Here is a Link to our
This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
This document can be printed for reference by using the print command in the settings of any browser.
Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
- Owner and Data Controller
Third Drawer Down
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Owner and Data Controller
Third Drawer Down
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies; Usage Data.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Website.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Website is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services. In cases where this Website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organisation governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: Re-marketing and behavioural targeting.
For specific information about the Personal Data used for each purpose, the User may refer to the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data”.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Re-marketing and behavioural targeting
This type of service allows this Website and its partners to inform, optimise and serve advertising based on past use of this Website by the User.
This activity is facilitated by tracking Usage Data and by using Trackers to collect information which is then transferred to the partners that manage the re-marketing and behavioural targeting activity.
Some services offer a re-marketing option based on email address lists.
In addition to any opt-out feature provided by any of the services below, Users may opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
AdRoll (AdRoll, Inc.)
AdRoll is an advertising service provided by AdRoll, Inc.
Personal Data processed: Cookies; Usage Data.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this Website (or third-party services employed in this Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using this Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
This Website (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Cookies are Trackers consisting of small sets of data stored in the User's browser.
Tracker indicates any technology - e.g Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags and fingerprinting - that enables the tracking of Users, for example by accessing or storing information on the User’s device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).